Saturday 22 March 2014

mishap on the train



Damn!  This is what happens when you fall asleep on the train back from Newcastle - you end up at desolate Northallerton railway station and have to change trains and head back up to Darlington so you can drive home.
I was fast asleep when someone sat next to me, which woke me up.  It's a good job they did, as l would have ended up in that there London.  The train was actually in Darlingon station when l woke up, but by the time l'd grabbed my bag and ipod, the train had set off again, with me muttering curses and profanities under my breath at the firmly closed door.
I knew l was tired, but not that much. They're working me into the ground, but I suppose l should be grateful l wasn't covered in drool, and l hadn't wet myself while l was sleeping.  That would have been just a teesie bit more embarrassing, but l'm sure l will eventually end up doing that as well, it's only a matter of time, as my senility takes over and l finally lose what is left of my marbles.

toodle pip

No comments: