Wednesday 15 November 2023

the new pacemaker is fitted and l'm home again

Spent a long day in North  Tees hospital today having my pacemaker replaced.  I stayed at Robbo's (a friend) in Nunthorpe the night before who then dropped me off at the hospital in the morning, as l had to be there for 8.30am. On arrival  l was told l was scheduled to be next  in and tests were done in preparation, but they then returned with the good / bad news that l was now going to be the last operation of the day, as l was the fittest person they were seeing that  day. I then had all day in bed, being checked and monitored, reading, and listening to music and podcasts, which l must admit, is not a bad way to spend a day. Anyway, l was eventually carved up about 3.30pm  and fitted with the new one, which wasn't that bad compared to getting the original fitted. I had a couple of moments of pain, and once again there was a lot of pushing and shoving to fit it in place.  l also overheard that the old one was 'stuck in', there was a lot of 'oozing', and the original had been inserted 'the wrong way round' which apparently made the procedure more difficult. Nice. I also got to keep my old one (I asked for it), so that's another mad addition to the household crap. After further tests l was free to leave, and my mate picked me up again and dropped me off back home, which was good of him. l'm currently pretty sore, and have to be careful moving my left arm, but I'm also off work for a bit, and indestructible again, so hurrah!! Drinks all round!!







Toodle pip                                                         

No comments: