Sunday 6 June 2010

updates with life in general

I just feel as though I am slowly getting back into the swing of things at the moment. Although I was only away for a week at work, it has been all go since then, learning about my new job (yawn). Went out and about in Richmond on bank holiday Monday, which was also the FPO's birthday, therefore a lot of ale was taken. Since then I have been at work, dealing with the aftermath of the death of the person I was visiting in hospital before the holiday. She died on Thursday morning, so there have been things to sort out at work for her (death certificates, freezing bank accounts, seeing undertakers etc). Also had a visit from Louise and Dazzer on Friday so more ale was taken as it's the only way I can tolerate them (only joking!). Had work again on Saturday, then relaxing properly for the first time tonight (when even more ale was taken, a couple of bottles of scrumptious Merlot). Thankfully I am only working on Thursday afternoon this week, although I do have to attend a meeting in Harrogate on Wednesday, which should only take an hour or two. The grass shall be cut, the weather shall be sweet (I hope), and I shall chill out and do my usual crap. That reminds me of something. When I was out and about on bank holiday Monday, I must have said to someone I had not read Mark E Smith's book (from the Fall), as it has since been thrust through my letterbox (ooeer!). I really do not have a clue where it has come from (apart from the letter box), and it may have been put through by someone who may just think I would like it (I'm thinking along the lines of Powlie). At some stage I will bump into someone who will ask me if I have enjoyed it, then I will realise who it is from. In the meantime.. a free book! Excellent!

Off to the hospital tomorrow for a heart monitor to be fitted, then it's ECG tests on Friday, followed by an appointment with the consultant. looking forward to it (if the old ticker holds out that long).

toodle pip

No comments: