Sunday, 23 August 2026

the richmond car boot sale and a scratch on the car

 I dragged myself out of bed this morning (10:30) and went through to Richmond to see if there was anything worth buying at the car boot sale that was being held at the school. I bought a couple of albums (Icehouse and The Psychedelic Furs - £5 each). I then went to the local charity shop and bought another couple (Greg Khin and The Shoes - £1 each). I know this is riveting stuff, but anywhoos, l then bought some food and while shopping an announcement came over the tanoy looking for the driver of a car. They read out a registration that l didn't recognise, then the car make, which I did, as it was mine. On investigation, someone had forgotten to put their hand brake on so their car had rolled into mine, As l was told in the shop  that mine had been crashed into, l was expecting the worst, but there was only some minor scratches on the back. The driver was really apologetic about his mistake, and I said l wasn't worried and to forget about it, but he insisted on giving me £20 for some drinks, which l eventually accepted, and therefore the records and food turned out to a freebie. Result! It's all go around these parts.


Richmond looking busy first thing this morning. From Facebook (before l got there).



Toodle pip

No comments: