Saturday 24 February 2024

re-reading richard brautigan

Had a fun time recently re-reading some old Richard Brautigan novels, reminding me of the hippie counter culture that l love so much, and wishing l had been around to experience it at the time (although l've done my best since). Sombrero Fallout is my favourite amongst these beauties, although l do like the farting part of 'A Confederate General from Big Sur' as it appeals to my childish sense of humour. l'll have to try and locate my old copy of 'Trout Fishing in America', re-read that, and then stash them all away again, until l eventually find time for the short stories (which l haven't managed to do so far). Brautigan isn't too popular these days, but he certainly had a way with words and crazy ideas, and l like the crazy coot.

Peace and Love.





Toodle pip


No comments: