Monday 22 March 2021

def leppard early sighting at leeds fforde green hotel

I hitch hiked to Leeds many years ago when Def Leppard were just starting out, and saw them at Leeds FForde Green Hotel, a tiny venue which is sadly no longer in use for music. Also chatted to them, and bought an early t-shirt which would have been worth a fortune when they became huge in America, as it had the original title for their upcoming debut lp which was later changed, The band also invited me to their Newcastle show, with an offer to put me on the guest list.  Great lads, despite the mauling they received from the British press for their American aspirations. Look at the advert and single, it's not like they were shy of wanting it, and l don't blame them, it's a working class dream. I saw them many times around that time, but the Leeds gig was my favourite, despite some other great nights with them at Newcastle Mayfair (also long gone).

Toodle pip

No comments: