Saturday 3 July 2010

knackered after the footie and t.rex tributes

I was at work yesterday and stayed up till about 2am to watch the World Cup quarter final games, which I had recorded at work and then watched once everyone had gone to bed. Good result for Holland against Brazil, and the Uraguay game against Ghana had an ending you could not make up (unless you are a Manchester United fan). Extra time, a last minute penalty and sending off, a missed last minute penalty, and then the penalty shoot out. I was already tired going to work as I did not have a lot of sleep when I was off, but felt more knackered in the morning (early morning 7am start) as I never sleep properly at work anyway. I was looking forward to going home at 2pm, put it that way. Sadly I have not had any sleep since coming back home, although I have watched Germany destroy Argentina and then went and cut the grass. The FPO had been out at a do, but came home early (she was sober - it's a miracle!!) and she then watched Star Trek, so I have been pottering about on the computer during the evening (bliss). I did think about going to see a T.Rex tribute band tonight in Richmond, but it annoys me that they do a second set of 70's stuff which includes the Bay City Rollers. Either do the T.Rex tribute properly, or be a glam band properly, that's what I say. Don't get me started, I'm tired and emotional (maybe the two bottles of Pinot haven't helped).

toodle pip

No comments: