Tuesday 9 March 2010

wine bar

A splendid day was had by all yesterday. I spent the morning in bed, watched a bit of TV, and then had a surprise when Robbo called round, as he had taken the day off. Had a bit of a chat, then went down to the Wine bar, even though I don't normally go down there until after 3pm on a Monday. Ended up staying till 6pm aprox, and had a good laugh with Joe, Dave the Health and Safety guy, Ritchie, his brother Dave, Mandy and Cavanagh.
Managed to contain myself and not collapse when I got back (which is always a bonus these days). Christ knows how long Joe is going to keep going. His mind is not as sharp as it was after a few drinks (mainly once we hit the whisky), but he is still very switched on. I think he is nearly 80 now (78?) so he is doing well. Cost me a bleeding fortune over the years, but the place won't be the same without him.
At least I remembered to have some crisps and food when I got back, can't believe it, I am looking after myself! (sort of).
toodle pip

No comments: