Friday 26 March 2010

oranges are not the only fruit and new york dolls


More fun and games as I am still off work. Finished watching Oranges are not the only fruit, as I had Sky+'d the series when it was being repeated recently. It was still great after all the years that have passed since it first came out. The book is good but I prefer the series for the dialect and accents. reminds me of the FPO and her family.
Still downloading and listening to lots of music as well. Just got the above bootleg of the New York Dolls, recorded live in the studio before their first album. I can't explain (and I am not in the Who) how chuffed I am with it. Easily the best Dolls bootleg I have, with great versions of all their classics (Jet Boy, Pills, Looking for a Kiss etc), and in great quality. They also talk a bit between songs ("Why are you being so macho? Chill out, you've both got dicks"). What more could they do to improve it? - nothing. If there was such a thing as heaven, I'm already there!. Sod work, I'm never going back.
toodle pip

No comments: