Saturday 19 September 2020

vic woodley looking sprightly and compliments at boots

 Christ on a bike!  I may look in the mirror these days and curse getting old, but it's all relative.

Watching a re-run of 'The Big Match' today from 1974, they had a 'Where are they now?' feature, which featured Vic Woodley, who used to play in goal for Chelsea. Obviously an old photograph or two from his playing days was shown, plus some recent ones, including this one, where it was announced he was looking 'spritely' at his age.

I'm not going to say how old he is in the picture, but he's the same age as me!!!!

How times have changed. I guess the drink and drugs over the years must have worked their magic.

On a related note, l picked up a prescription for myself the other day at Boots, and after the server looked at the information, l was asked if l often picked up medication for the gentleman in question, I stated it was for myself, as l was the person the information was about, and she apologised profusely, but said she was amazed, as l looked so young. I guess she was expecting me to look like good old Vic.

Mind you, she probably had the wrong type of glasses on



Toodle pip

No comments: