Thursday 8 November 2012

rod stewart - crying and crap






Rod 'The Mod' Stewart - English as tuppence (that will bug him), changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete #.

There he is, crying after Celtic beat FC Barcelona earlier this evening.  It nearly made me cry watching it, as l can relate to the joy and emotion so much.  Good old Rodrick - he hasn't changed.

But then again.........Switch to his recent Las Vegas show, where the old Mod The Rod days are long, long gone and a distant fragment of the past, never to be repeated.  I'm not saying he should forever be singing with what's now left of The Jeff Beck Group or The Faces, but for a man who had so much talent as regards singing and song writing, he has (in my worthless but yet forcefully felt) opinion, thrown so much away in the pursuit of fame and the older dollar.  I can still relate to the second clip though, as the bloke singing along sounds like me on a good night.  This will be all over the TV soon, mark my words.

# Rawlinson End

toodle pip


No comments: