Friday 25 November 2011

living with the amish - channel 4


The rather lovely Jonathan (in the middle)

I have only seen the first episode of this series, as it was on while the FPO was upstairs looking busy and l was fiddling about downstairs (calm down missus - only with a necklace). The show was the usual kind of boot camp journey, with plenty of back stories, but what came across the most was how the Amish family involved (Jonathan and Marietta) were so nice, helpful, open minded and humble, something l thought l would never think about an Amish family. In an ideal world, l would like to live my life with that attitude (without the religion aspect of it), but l am just too darn cynical and selfish (blame my parents). At least l do my one good deed a day, so that's a starter for ten, and helps keep me in the good books, just in case (are you paying attention God??). Anyway, as the good lady herself (Marilyn Monroe) said..

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

toodle pip

No comments: