Friday 22 January 2010

look at me!




As I am off work again (no work till Tuesday afternoon!), It is back to watching films, listening to music, and reading.
I have been lying in bed reading Giles Smith’s ‘Lost in Music’ which was good, and resonated with me during some of the chapters (Marc Bolan, The Faces), but overall, I was not that bothered about it, although I was glad I had read it.
On the other hand, Dom Joly’s book ‘Look at Me, Look at Me’ was surreal and hilarious in places. Had a few passages where I laughed out loud (old school writing - not LOL), and I was glad I was not reading it on a bus or train.
It is meant to be his autobiography, but although it is based on facts, it careers off into wild tangents in the unlikeliest of places, when you are least expecting it to do so.
I will have to invest in some more of his stuff if it is similar.
Ah well, back to the dossing about!

Toodle pip

No comments: