Thursday 11 March 2010

alice in wonderland
















I saw Sherlock Holmes the other night
The wife's idea, she thought it'd be alright
But like the Thames is full of flotsam
Jude Law was playing Watson
It was directed by Guy Ritchie
It was shite
JD Jan 2010
Not really
As I am putting the hours in and wanted to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D, decided to drive to Teeside Park to watch it there, as it was only showing in boring old 2D in Richmond.
This was not a bad idea in itself, chose the 2pm viewing as there would be no kids in the audience, then get something like a KFC afterwards, maybe setting off at 1pm to ensure there was plenty of time for the journey, just in case there were roadworks or suchlike.
The FPO had other ideas. Before I knew what was happening, I was woken up and dragged out of bed to set off on the journey. I took a picture of the time on the car clock (didn't show up properly), as it was 11.16am and passing by Scotch Corner. The reason for the early start? Lunch beforehand of course, as the FPO wanted to go to Pizza Express (even though it would be like breakfast for me and I had just had a slice of toast and some coffee to try and wake up). When we got there, it wasn't open for another 30 minutes, so it was off to Morrisons to stock up on sweets, chocolates and drink, before heading into Imperial City for an all you can eat buffet.
Eventually the hours passed and the FPO had finished her 4th plateful, so I finally got to go to the pictures and relax, trying not to fall asleep from exhaustion.
The film was a lot better than reports had said. Even the attendant in Morrisons asked if we were off to see it (when he saw the massive bags of goodies), and advised us not to go. When I said I wanted to see the 3D effects, he told me not to bother, and I would be better off closing my eyes instead (something, at the time, I would loved to have done as I was so tired).
The effects turned out to be fantastic, I was really impressed and would definitely go and see more 3D films, maybe even travelling to an Imax theatre to watch one in all its glory.
Called in Tesco on the way home for more Chinese food and bottles of wine, then sat around watching Mad Men and The Office (USA version), trying not to explode.
Those bloody hours I am putting in! Next trip to the pictures will be to the Station, straight there and then back again afterwards. I like the pictures now and again, it's just the hours and hours of entertainment before and after that I am not so keen on. Straight in and out (like the SAS), that's what I say.
At least Liverpool were beaten in the Europa league as well, so it turned out to be a decent day after all.
toodle pip


No comments: