Monday 11 April 2011

neil diamond documentary


I have just been watching a BBC documentary on Neil Diamond, which was pretty good (from what l could hear over the cat meowing), although nothing too special. The weirdest bit was watching Neil doing a screen test for the part of Lenny Bruce in the film 'Lenny', which eventually went to Dustin Hoffman. I like the Lenny film a lot but it was just strange watching someone else doing it. It's like what losing your marbles must feel like, if you start doubting your own memory of events or history, and seeing them in a way that you can't understand or take in. I can't find the clip on You Tube, but here's my favourite Neil Diamond song. I may go and dig out 12 songs now and play them (one of the albums he did with Rick Rubin).

toodle pip

No comments: