Thursday 30 September 2010

alone in berlin, narrative of arthur gordon pym of nantucket, the glass teat, keep the aspidistra flying and steppenwolf

An excellent book based on a true story about people resisting the Nazis by leaving postcards. Not a happy ending for the postcard depositors.

I really tried with this and got about half way, but I got sick of it in the end. Who knows, l may try it again in the future but the writing style just got on my nerves.

This is a book about TV shows in the USA back in the days of hippies and Vietnam, but it is also about so much more. Lots of ranting in it, which generally goes down well with me
Orwell on class (again) and trying to live outside of the money world (but with no success). It is dated, but reveals what it was like to be poor just before the First World War in the UK. Loved it.

A journey to the South Pole, with adventures on the way. Some of it based on true stories, and also about birth, death and rebirth (or maybe that was just the drugs talking).


Some of the books I read while I was in Turkey. Bliss to be able to sit around doing bugger all.

toodle pip

No comments: