Sunday 16 May 2010

dio is dead





Bit of sad news tonight as I have discovered on the BBC news site that Ronnie James Dio has died from stomach cancer. I used to love him when he sang for Rainbow, and he also did a splendid job singing for Black Sabbath. I think I have those albums, plus a couple of his solo albums somewhere, not that I have played them for years, but I enjoyed them a lot when they first came out. My matie boy Shuggs was in a table football team with Dio in LA years ago, and said he was one of the nicest people you could meet. That's good enough for me. I was looking at old photographs from weddings and holidays today, it makes you realise how old we are all getting, and this rubs it in, as Dio was 67 when he died. He'll always be a sprightly young thing in my eyes though. Time to go and dig out an old Rainbow album, and blast out something like Kill the King, as it's still great. As the man said, Long Live Rock and Roll.

toodle pip

No comments: