Saturday 25 November 2017

out and about - beans on toast and skinny lister

Another night, another night out. This time with my sister, niece and Rocker to see Beans on Toast and Skinny Lister at Leeds University. My niece arranged it all, got the tickets, and drove there and back, so the rest of us just enjoyed ourselves (the odd lager may have been consumed).
Beans on Toast were first on, and superb. Both funny, political, and now and again, even romantic. I particularly enjoyed the addition of  a fiddle player (amongst others), as l'm a sucker for that kind of Bob Dylan 'Hurricane' sound, and Mr Beans (as l call him) certainly has a lot of charisma and a huge likeability factor. If he wasn't a musician, he could take up a new career in comedy.
As for Skinny Lister, they were really good, and are certainly lively and exiting to watch, but the vocals were lost in the mix and unless you already knew the songs, you had no idea what they were singing about, apart from the odd chorus or phrases, which spoilt it for us. Still, we all shared of their ale, and are probably just old fogeys (apart from my niece), so what the hell. 
An excellent farewell to my niece who has since headed down south again.



 My sister and niece can be seen in this, myself and Rocker watched this bit from the balcony

 We drank from this mighty jug of ale (rum l seem to remember)

 More merchandise, this time signed by Beans on Toast

 And here's Mr Beans himself, drawing me a picture on the back of it


 My entry stamp, surrounded by scratches off Mr parrot's sharp claws, from when he sits on my hand






toodle pip

No comments: