Friday 23 October 2015

richmond firestarter locked up



Although l have sympathy with people who have mental health problems, and who are obviously seeking attention and help when they try to kill themselves on numerous occasions, the person above, Robert Kenyon (who is actually nicknamed 'Firestarter' and 'Rubber legs' around Catterick / Richmond), used to live below me in Hipswell, and was one of the main reasons for me wanting to move, as, apart from lots of noise at all hours, he tried to kill himself and set fire to his place when myself and my wife were living above him, and at one time we were tempted to go round and smash up his stereo with a baseball bat (I'm from Liverpool). Instead, the council were informed about the noise, (the fire brigade dealt with the fire) but they were pretty hopeless, despite warning him about disturbing neighbours (so to speak). Luckily, a house nearby that we wanted became available to buy at that time, so we moved out, otherwise it would have ended badly, one way or another.
He more than likely requires psychological help rather than imprisonment, but he certainly needed to be removed from his housing, as he posed such a risk to us, and laterly, to others.
I'm just surprised it has taken so long, as the earlier episodes living below me were over 10 years ago.
The story was taken from here.

toodle pip

No comments: