Monday 8 December 2014

remember me - bbc drama


I watched the concluding episode of BBC's supernatural drama 'Remember Me' last night, and what a treat it was. An elderly man tries to leave his old haunted home behind, but with dire consequences to him and others.  It kept you guessing where the story was heading, and there were enough jump out shocks and surprises to keep you on your toes, so a hearty success all around.
All of the cast were believable and not too over the top (as often happens), but Michael Palin as Tom Parfitt (the old man) gave an outstanding performance, and Jodie Corner as Hannah (the teenage care assistant)   wasn't too shoddy either.  I have a hunch that awards could well be on the way.
Marvelous stuff, although l now can't get the 'Scarborough Fair' song out of my head.

Here's Simon and Garfunkel's version, originally from the 1966  'Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme' LP - one of my favourite albums.



toodle pip

No comments: