Monday 8 July 2013

tony matelli artwork







Rather like Ron MueckTony Matelli is producing hyper life like artworks that are both realistic and spooky. I don't know if it should be considered an homage to Mueck, or just a rip off of his work, but Matelli's figures are certainly impressive. However, Mueck's work leaves more of a disturbing image seared into your retinas.  Once seen, never forgotten.
Then again, l've been to a couple of Mueck's exhibitions (and have a poster of his in my living room), so maybe if l saw Matelli's stuff close up, they might weave the same kind of disturbing fascination for me.
I think if l had the talent of either of them, l would just create some women for myself, and never leave the house. Oh, and maybe a George Best or two.
Some of Mueck's work in progress can be found here.

toodle pip

No comments: