Wednesday 12 December 2012

homeland - series 2






I started off enjoying Homeland, albeit with a few plot reservations, as some of it seemed implausible.   I then managed to stick it through to series two, and have been diligently watching it with the FPO, but it has finally made me snap, and quite frankly, l couldn't care less what happens to any of them.  Carrie is constantly disobeying orders, Brodie is better, but still unbelievable, and........that's it - l've lost interest.  The final straw for me was when Carrie was released from captivity, called the CIA (who told her to stay put as they were on their way), but once again put her life at risk by returning, unarmed, to confront her captor (who was armed).  It was also laughable the amount of time she kept her disguise on (a black wig and head scarf) while undercover abroad, and she never tries to conceal her hair or appearance when doing stake outs.
I still want to give the original Israeli series (Hatufim / Prisoners of War) a go, and l anticipate that will be a lot better (as the originals usually are), but this is the kind of implausible American remake that drives me nuts.  Bastards!

toodle pip

No comments: