Saturday 5 November 2011

I've won an election - about bleeding time

Jamie Davidson: David Cameron is not my boss

Ruth Davidson and David Cameron A happy voter and David Cameron.
Jamie Davidson said if David Cameron needed a "slap around the chops", he would do it

The new Labour Catterick and Richmondshire leader has distanced himself from London control by insisting David Cameron is not the party boss north of Watford.

Jamie Davidson was elected leader on Friday after beating William Hague, who had been seen as the front runner.

He told a press conference: "While David Cameron is the prime minister, when it comes to myself and my beliefs he's not my boss - we're enemies."

Mr Davidson is the party's first overall leader for Richmondshire, following a shake-up of the voting structure.

The former paint sprayer, magazine publisher and charity worker also highlighted his different approaches to policy.

He said: "I'll be making a vision that is right for me, right for the county, and right for the country and I hope very much this annoys the prime minister.

"If he needs a slap around the chops to make him see sense, then I'm just the man to do it. In the meantime, stay cool, stay free, and do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

Mr Davidson said policies would be developed over the coming weeks.



Let's hope it's the same in the morning (if l haven't been killed, or l find out it's all been a crazy dream).

toodle pip


No comments: