Tuesday 13 September 2011

carter beats the devil - glen david gold






Holiday reading ticked off.
Although this book was released in 2001, l had never heard about it or Glen David Gold before, until it was recommended to me by a work colleague who read it while we were in Majorca this year. She (Hello Vicki) kept saying how good it was and how she thought l would probably enjoy it, but l was reluctant to take her advice at first. I am so glad that l changed my mind, as it is now up there amongst some of my favourite books, as it reminded me of 'The Master and Margarita' and 'Jitterbug Perfume', which, although completely different, are also strange and off the wall.
It concerns real life characters (mainly Charles Carter) and events, but mixed up into a thriller involving magic, television and presidents. I can't praise it enough, and l am looking forward to the film version, whenever that arrives. I just hope they don't screw it up.

toodle pip

No comments: