Tuesday 18 January 2011

ricky gervais on distorted headlines

I was looking at Ricky Gervais' blog (yes, it has been confirmed before and it is still true, l am a sad git), and he was on about how the papers distort things. Talking about the Golden Globes, he said he chatted afterwards with a lot of the people he supposedly offended (Tim Allen, Paul McCartney etc) and they took the jokes in good humour (no matter what the papers or TV say). He also points out in an earlier article how things can be distorted. Take the following example where he writes:

This is an article in today's Evening Standard...

The 49-year-old comedian denied he had been pressurised by Hollywood into losing weight.

He said: "I got fit after Christmas, running around Hampstead. I've got a gym in my house - well, it's more like a spa. But it was nothing to do with Hollywood. I just thought enough is enough - I'm nearly 50'.

"It's not for a role or anything, my next two movies are animations so it doesn't matter what I look like. This is for my health. I lost 20lb in three months and it's stayed off. I've not stopped eating anything - it's just exercise."

The comedian was speaking at the launch of Sky 1 comedy documentary An Idiot Abroad, in which his podcast co-star Karl Pinkington is sent to the seven wonders of the world after he claimed they were "a bit s***".


Glad they managed to mention the show that we were meant to be talking about at the end.

Anyway the facts are sound.

All this is entirely true. The quotes are accurate.

This is the Headline they went with though...




toodle pip

No comments: