Tuesday 11 January 2011

trip to leeds to see paul

Back from sunny Leeds (Beeston) to see Paul and family to drop off the Christmas pressies (money basically - for me and Paul - £50 each!).
Myself, the FPO, Linda, Hayley and Kelly all went down there for the (usually) once in a year experience (Shayne was in Stockton).
Bit of a turn up for the books this year as Paul made us all some chips (which were very nice - deep fat fryer and crinkle cut). Still called in on the way home at the KFC at Roundhay (I think, next to where the Ffyord green was). Still a mental area and also (showing off) where l saw/met Def Leppard and could have stuck with them as some kind of mad fan/believer/stalker/serial killer. Listening to some of their later stuff, l wish l had hung around a bit longer (they let me down so much).
Got a load of LP's off my laddie boy Paul (which pleased the FPO no end) and had some mad chats about the past (remember smashing up the Jag - remember the pig running around the house as mums new partner and his mate tried to kill it with a hammer etc).
No wonder we are mental (my brother and l).

'Tis not alone my inky cloak, good mother,
Nor customary suits of solemn black,

Nor windy suspiration of forced breath,
No, nor the fruitful river in the eye,

Nor the dejected 'havior of the visage,
Together with all forms, moods, shapes of grief,

That can denote me truly: these indeed seem,

For they are actions that a man might play:

But I have that within which passeth show;

These but the trappings and the suits of woe.


Anyway, it's all character building and l have just had the busiest day of my life today (inspection tomorrow), which has certainly kept me on my toes.
In the great scheme of things, who give a fuck (life's too short etc etc). Therr is always the sweet relief of death to look forward to.

Plus....

There's always football and the hope of a lottery win to fall back on (l wish)

toodle pip

No comments: