Wednesday 24 November 2010

my grammer school (nearly)

This is the school l would have gone to if my parents had split up and l had gone back to Liverpool (It is Balliol Road Bootle Grammer School). They nearly did split when we were in Germany and l had just passed my 11 plus (obviously with flying colours), so it was a close thing.
It would have been a hell of a lot different from Linacre Lane primary school, that's for sure.
I would have ended up at University or prison, one of the two. Mind you, l went to Durham Prison years ago, so half of that came true anyway. Damn! Just missed out on University then.


toodle pip

2 comments:

grekko said...

Can't believe it, my old school and I'm there, 3rd row from top , 9 in from left. Love to have a full copy if it is available. Never though I'd ever see that photo again , saw it once in late 1950's,mums copy was lost many many years ago, love to have a replacement, especially in full frame without crop.
Big wish I know but, love my kids to see it in its full glory, they need a good laugh.
Dave

Jamie said...

Haven't got the original l'm afraid. I got the photo off another blog (can't remember which one), but try google image search and you should be lucky.