Sunday 10 October 2010

the mighty status quo


I heard a couple of old Status Quo songs when l had my ipod on shuffle recently, and by jove and Jimmy me lad, they were still pretty darn good.
Obviously they have now become some kind of British institution and also a bit of a joke, but back in the day they were pretty much the alternative rock scene (and sound). It was either them or the progessive sound of Pink Floyd, ELP, The Moody Blues, Tangerine Dream ad infinitum.
I know it is now hard to believe, but l present before your baffled and bemused eyes some visual proof and representation of how highly they were regarded.
Now if only l had some kind of time machine to take me back to those days......... (which some people would say l have never really left anyway).
O Happy Days!! (and l still had a 28" waist)

toodle pip

No comments: