Sunday 26 September 2010

tan hill wedding



Off to Tan Hill on Saturday for the wedding of Lynn (who works with the FPO) and Tony. Got a taxi there and back (at the cost of £60), but it meant I would be back at home and in my own bed for the Sunday papers. The do was better than I thought it would be and plenty off ale was imbibed, so the taxi turned out to be a good idea. The main surprise of the evening was seeing a couple of people I know working there. Ranting Ritchie was behind the bar serving the ale, and didn't recognise me at first as I have had so much hair cut off. This meant he called me "Sir" for a while before realising who I was (Oh! - how we laughed about it later!). There was also a bit of a shock when the food came out, as Newcastle Steve was the chef/cook and had prepared it. It was curry, and tasted pretty good, although I was a bit suspicious about his special sauce and avoided that. Sat in the bar after the do talking to Ritchie and Steve until about 1.30am, drinking double whiskies while waiting for the taxi. There was some talk about doing some kind of benefit gig for Ritchie's brother John, who is in hospital in a bad way after having a stroke a few weeks ago, which was also a bit of a shock as it was the first I had heard about it. Something may indeed happen, but who knows? Anyway, it was a good night, and followed up by an argument with the taxi driver on the way home as he was a Manchester City fan (albeit in good spirits).

toodle pip

No comments: