Wednesday 21 July 2010

l am a cripple

I went out on Monday for the usual (when l get the chance) trip to the Wine bar to see Joe, and had a splendid time. I got picked up by the FPO afterwards, and also remembered to drop off some DVDs for Shaun and Paul (or is it Peter?). All well and good so far, but l then proceeded to prat about, pretending to faint or fall, and ended up hurting my back. It feels like l have pulled a muscle or something in my lower back, and l suppose it serves me right, but it is pretty damn sore. l am walking round like l have shit my pants (no change there then), but at least l got a day off work today (sadly l was already off work when l did it). lt does not hurt as much as when l pulled it years ago playing football, as l can pull my own shorts up (a bonus for the FPO), but moving and sleeping is pretty painful. I am aiming to be back at work for the weekend, so sadly it is not a long term illness. The worst thing is l can't really go out anywhere as l don't want to make it worse and l don't like moving about too much due to the pain. Maybe l should just hit what's left of the valium and go for it. It's not easy being a prat.

toodle pip

No comments: