Thursday 22 July 2010

inglorious basterds


Just watched this with the FPO and we both really enjoyed it, even though it is pretty long. I wouldn't say I liked it as much as Pulp Fiction, but then again, that is one of my favourite ever films.
I actually bought the DVD from Tesco's ages ago, but when it was stuck on, it turned out to be the original version, and l was so pissed off that l didn't watch it. After seeing this one, l might even give the original another go, although the bits l did see of it were rubbish. It was also so '1970's', and at first l was full of praise for the way Tarentino had captured that era and feeling of that time (what an idiot l am).
The good thing about the remake is the way it often keeps you really involved with the action, as it is so tense, even when the characters are just talking. I also like it when people die when you are not expecting it, as that also keeps you guessing more.
It's a film l would probably watch again, but l don't think it would be so good the second time, as there would not be any surprises, unless I lost my marbles beforehand, which is always possible.
Well worth the (aprox) two and a half hours it took to view.

toodle pip

No comments: