Wednesday 2 June 2010

promotion at work and hospital visits

Damn! It looks like I will have to crumble and do some real work as I have been promoted to boss/team leader/head honcho whatever the hell it is I will be called. More importantly, it's OK with being in charge, it's not so good having to do some real work for a change. I have been going over stuff today with my line manager, and there's a lot more to be going over on Friday. I get more pay, but to tell the truth I am not that bothered about that, it's more the fact that a dickhead might become my boss if I don't accept the role. I can do whatever hours I want and still go on the freebie holidays, do overtime if I wish, and don't have to do sleepovers, on calls or weekends. I will still do some as I don't mind doing so, but at least I have the choice. Just a shame about the extra work.

Also.... the person I have been visiting in hospital since before going to Rhodes is still there, still hanging on grimly to whatever life she has left, although death is expected at any time. I have been through to visit yesterday and today, but I don't think that there is any recognition that I am there. It would be better if a load of morphine was given to help her on her way, as there is no way she is going to get better. As the old saying goes, if it was an animal it would have been put down by now. When I am in those shoes, I want the extra morphine.

toodle pip

No comments: