Friday 7 May 2010

thanks to you idiots its a hung parliament


So after all the fuss of the election, and all the polls saying Labour would be kicked out and the Liberal democrats would have loads of votes this time, it's a hung parliament and Nick Clegg is currently talking to David Cameron. Whichever way it goes now, Nick Clegg is going to be a twat. His party align themselves with left of centre politics and attract Labour voters who would never vote for the Tories. Also, his party are also very keen for proportional representation to come in, as that would benefit them in the long term ( I don't think they just want it in because they think it is a fairer system). He is however, prepared to go and talk to the Tories, who are pretty opposed to a lot of Liberal ideas, including proportional representation, being the right wing bunch of bastards that they are. I would not be surprised if the Liberals backed down on their proportional representation goals just so they could have a sniff of power now, and sod the long term benefits to the party (Or supposedly) the nation. If it does not work out with David Cameron, and Nick Clegg then goes to Labour because they are offering referendums and reforms to the Liberals, Nick Clegg will be backing down on statements he made that he would not do a deal with Labour. Either way he loses respect in my eyes (not that I had much for him in the first place). Labour should also look at it long term and tell the fucker to piss off if he comes crawling back from Tory office looking to broker a deal. I have a feeling Nick Clegg will sell out and jump into bed with the posh boys, as he will feel more at home, and sod the people who voted for him. I bet a lot of people who voted thinking "I can't ever vote Tory, but I want a change from Labour, and the Liberals are like Labour, only more left wing" are kicking themselves now. Idiots. Many praises should also be strewn upon some of the leftie columnists who came out in support of Clegg instead of Brown. Thanks a lot you fuckwits, that would have cost Labour some marginal seats.

On a side note, I have experienced both extremes where I have lived. Bootle (where I grew up) is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) Labour seats, and proud to be so. I now live in Richmondshire, home of William Hague's constituency, and one of the Conservatives safest seats (if not the safest). Although there is still poverty in Richmondshire, a lot of the people who would benefit from a Labour government either don't vote, or vote Conservative. No wonder the Tories (and the papers that support them) treat the poor like fucking idiots. Don't blame me though - I voted (as I always have done) Labour.

toodle pip

No comments: