Friday 7 May 2010

rocky and mugsy

Nathan and Mimsy (far right)

Rocky and Mugsy

Wow! Because I am a sad bastard and like to find things out if something is bugging me, I have been searching the internet for two cartoon characters that were like Nathan and Mimsy from the South Park episode 'Crippled Summer' that I saw earlier on this evening. Basically, what happens during the episode, is that Timmy and Jimmy go to a camp for the handicapped, where there are two teams competing against each other. Nathan and his stupid lump of a sidekick Mimsy try to cheat all the way through, so they can be on the winning team. So far, so good. The trouble is, during the show, the big one who is stupid kept asking questions, and then getting slapped by the small one and being told to shut up. This really annoyed me, as I was sure that it was nicked (paid homage) from an old cartoon, but could not remember which one. The FPO was no good, but after lots of searching on the net, I discovered it was the Looney Tunes characters Rocky and Mugsy. Sometimes it's not easy being a sad old bastard, but at least I will be able to sleep tonight.
toodle pip

No comments: