Monday 3 May 2010

deb and rooks do

After the depressing football results yesterday, me and the FPO decided we would go round to Deb and Rooks house for their BBQ (we were invited). I wanted to get more booze, as Louse and Dazzer had called round to ours earlier and Dazzer and me had drank just about all the Stella that I had bought for the doo, and the FPO had got stuck into the three bottles of Vino I had got. This meant we went round with three small bottles of Stella and a bottle of wine, plus another bottle already opened. We also took some food, but I still think we should have taken more booze. Anyway, the night was still good, although bloody freezing, even with their outside wood burner on. I only started to get warmed up right at the end, when I was sitting directly in front of the flame, nearly scorching myself in the process. I have just stuck last nights clothes in the washer, as they were all stinking from the smoke. I think the bedsheets will need changing as well, and I have just had a bath to try and clean myself up before work later on (I am currently doing back to back sleepovers until Thursday afternoon). Other people at the do were : Claire the dentist, Richard her partner, Tom the posh lad, plus Deb and Rooks next door neighbour (Judith?) and friend (or lover) called Emma, although we were calling her Steve (it's a long story). Politics were discussed at one point, and some (I will spare their names) said they were going to vote for UKIP. They said they had done the test to see which views they agreed with, and it came out in favour of the UKIP, although they also said some of their answers corresponded with the BNP. What a surprise. I didn't bother arguing as I thought I would behave myself for a change.
We stayed till midnight and then made our excuses, as the do was dying off by then. It was a change though, as we hadn't been there for a while, and it got the FPO out on the bank holiday.
Talking of which, she has just gone out again for lunch with Louise and Dazzer, as they have called round again with a table and chairs for the FPO's birthday at the end of the month. It looks like I will have to get her something while I am away the week before, as it looks like I will be going to Rhodes in three weeks with work. Should be confirmed on Tuesday or Wednesday, so more details later. Should be pretty brown for the next bank holiday though, if I am not attacked by rioters or the police. Soon find out either way.
toodle pip

No comments: