Saturday 3 April 2010

bloody football

Damn - I really think Manchester United have blown the chance of winning the Premier League this year after the defeat to Chelsea today (2-1 at home). I do think more points will be dropped, but I don't think United will make up the points they are now behind, especially with Rooney out. It's not looking too good for the return game against Bayern Munich this week either, as apart from Berbatov, we have no real tried and tested strikers (Kiko Macheda is still too young), and Berbatov is not suited to playing upfront by himself. I am also aware that football is a funny old game and things don't always go right for you, but the amount of easy passes going astray against Chelsea and Bayern was ridiculous, just like the final against Barcelona last year, even when no pressure is being applied. It makes you harp back to the days of Cantona, Hughes, Robson etc, they would have put up a lot more of a fight. I am not looking foreword to the Bayern game on Wednesday, I have a really bad feeling about it.
In other news, Barcelona were fucking fantastic for the first half an hour against Arsenal. I am so glad they were not playing United.
toodle pip

No comments: