Thursday 18 March 2010

notes from a defeatist

Damn! Back to work this afternoon for the next eight days (including four sleepovers). Can't wait for it, as you can imagine.
I have just got out of bed after finishing Joe Sacco's 'Notes from a Defeatist'. It was pretty good in some places, mainly about the air strikes during the wars (Second World War over Germany and Japan, and the first Gulf). Some of the other stuff was not that great though, I much preferred his other books (Safe Area Gorazde and Palestine).
Off to check Sky news and see what time the footie starts on Sunday. United play Liverpool, so I think I may have to finish work early to get back for it. My favorite game of the premiership season (as long as United don't get beaten like they did last year).
At least that's something to look forward to at the weekend - it had better be a good result!
Ah well, may squeeze in a quick bath before heading off on my trusty steed to work. Deep joy.
toodle pip

No comments: