Sunday 14 March 2010

little green man

Just finished reading this, which I picked up in the Oxfam shop. Not a bad book at all, although I didn't think it was that great. Barney decides to get in touch with some old mates and do dares like they used to do when they were all at school, treating the little green man (an ornament) of the title a s a God. He tells them that it has been valued at £750,ooo and whoever keeps doing the dares till the end can have (people are eliminated if they refuse to do the dares). There are some good plot changes near the end, which I was not expecting at all, so it was a good book in that sense, and it did keep you guessing what was going to happen. After I finished it I was not that impressed, but thinking in hindsight about it, I changed my mind. It would certainly make a good film.
In other news, United stuffed Fulham today, I am off work till Thursday afternoon, so celebrated with three bottles of Pinot (between us). Bliss.
toodle pip

No comments: