Saturday 27 March 2010

carra

I borrowed this off someone at work on Sunday, as 'Carra' is from Bootle like me, so I was curious to read about his early days. Sadly, he is from Marsh lane, very close to where I was born (the other side of North park) but it meant he went to a different primary school than me. Didn't plan on reading the whole book, but decided I might as well as I am off work. Skimmed a lot of the talk about Liverpool and was not interested in the stories about their triumphs (so long ago now!), so overall it was not that interesting for me. Think it's good that he is so proud of his roots though, still hangs around with his old Bootle mates and although he plays it down in the book, I know he has helped out supporters financially when they have been stuck. Just a pity he plays for Liverpool really. Admits as well that he would rather Liverpool were successful rather than England. Substitute Manchester United in place of Liverpool and I am in agreement.
toodle pip

No comments: