Wednesday 3 February 2010

visit to pauls


Well, we eventually got to Leeds to visit Paul, Carol and Kimberly.
The FPO was too knackered to go, so I took Linda and the kids (plus Matt). Paul was on fine form, pretty pissed when we got there and then more pissed by the time we left. You can see their reaction to one of Paul's tales in the photo above. The visit was meant to be at Christmas/New Year time, but because of the weather and work commitments (plus only having one car at the moment), we had not been able to go until yesterday.
Had to put up with the kids ipod playing on the way down, as I thought I would be generous and let them listen to what they want. Soon changed my mind about that, after an hour of non stop rock music that they like (Minor Self Indulgence, Blink 182 etc). They had their chance and blew it, so it was back to my ipod for the journey home (The Beta Band). They will learn in time, the poor misguided fools. I remember what I was like at that age, I loved rock music, but also listened to stuff like Dean Martin and Johnny Cash, plus lots of pop stuff. Their tastes just seem so narrow. Bloody kids today. When I was a lad.......
toodle pip

No comments: