Sunday 24 January 2010

edna and damage


Had a good time with Robbo and Kerry in the Boro at the weekend, Joe Rigatoni's on Friday night and the Cross Keys on Saturday. They told me that Damage had died (a lad from the Boro that we knew). I wasn't really surprised, in fact they said "Have you heard about Damage?", to which I replied "Is he dead?".
We also talked about how time is flying by. It is 11 years nearly, since that glorious night that Manchester United won the treble in 1999. We are certainly not getting any younger, but could all do with having loads more money to live life to the full before dying (lots more travel etc).
It is also a year since Edna died. That also does not seem that long ago, but the programme of service above confirms the dates.
Wonder how many more will be going this year. I can't believe Rab and Joe F have long left, but I have thought that for a while. They will probably both outlive me. Gits.
toodle pip

No comments: