Thursday 8 October 2009

spider-man




Sadly l do not own an original mint copy of Amazing Fantasy no.15 (probably about £200,00 now l guess), but have just re-read a reprint, with all the stories, including the Bell Ringer, Hiding from the Martians and Hiding with help from a Mummy (whoopee!).
All very well and good, but it got me to thinking (although l shouldn't really, it hurts my brain), about how l prefer the old style of drawing and colouring. Steve Ditko is a genius, but check out Spidey's eyes in the early strip. This is missing from later re-prints, even though it only appears on the one panel.
I also don't like the way the later colouring makes it look too sleek, the older version just looks rougher and better to me.
Why do things have to change? Why am l so sad? Why does any of this matter?
I need to get a life and get out more
toodle pip


No comments: