Wednesday 7 May 2008

cancer time again

So, time for the latest thrilling installment. Mum is now at the Friary in Richmond, pretty good room with a nice view. The sister told me it was the best room in the place, which may well be true. Obviously it is a short term stay and they probably want to make the last couple of weeks as nice as possible. Her brother Ray (plus wife and in laws), came up from Liverpool on Monday, arriving just as l turned up with my sister and brother (who came up from Leeds the same day). Couldn't have had better timing if we planned it.
Great to see them all and my mum was a bit shocked to see everyone walking in at the same time. Ray said he was going to come again in a couple of weeks (if mum lasts that long), otherwise it will be for the funeral.
Also had my mate Robbo and his wife Kerry calling round, as it was a year to the day since his mum died, and he wanted to put flowers on her grave (he stayed in the car, his wife did the flower bit). We all went to Wetherspoons for lunch before they went back to the Boro and we went to my mums (over the road).
Trying to sort out stuff at the moment like cancelling Sky and seeing what my mum wants for the funeral. We are maybe going for a coffin that has been painted by my sisters kids, but we haven't asked the kids yet, they may feel freaked out by it. Mother isn't bothered, as she said, she won't see it anyway.
Got £100 of her yesterday (way hay!!) which l spent on an external memory thingie for the computer, the rest (£20) l put on a horse which won (another way Hay!!). Spent the winnings in the Wine bar with my brother and sister. My brother is here till Friday so there's a lot of entertaining to do till then. More fabulous updates soon!
Toodle pip.

No comments: