Wednesday 14 May 2008

cancer news nearly finished and fainting

Been in to see my mum twice today, once with my brother and sister, and again later on with my wife and my sisters kids. Mum cannot talk properly now and is pretty weak, also doped up on morphine (lucky bugger). We think that she may well die during the night, or if not, tomorrow. She is not going to make the weekend anyway. The kids wanted to see her for the last time while she was still alive, one of them also wants to come in and see her when she has died. Not bothered about doing that myself, l would rather remember people from when they were alive, but as l will have to drive them in, l will probably have a look myself. We stressed my mum did not want resuscitating (not that they were going to try) as she had been going on about it. Now it's just a case of hanging around anticipating a phone call from the hospital, unless she survives the night, in which case l will go through again in the morning with my brother, sister and wife. Work have spoken to me today and said l could have as long as l want off (they will regret saying that!). Good news, as there will be the funeral to sort out and her house to clear. Nothing that any of us want really, so there won't be any arguments about who inherits what, as it's all mainly junk. Never know though, maybe she has a secret bank account she hadn't told us about.

Also flaked out again yesterday, something that happens to me now and again if l forget to eat as my sugar levels drop - you would never think l forgot at all looking at the state of me, but it's true. Never injured myself as l was sitting down at the time, but it is still embarrassing as l was in the pub. Thankfully it only lasts about 30 seconds and then l am fine again. No warning signs at all and l am never aware l have done it as l am fine afterwards, just what l am told has happened, unless of course if l fall over. Been checked out and everything is OK so l have to have some chocolate or sweet stuff (two crunchies yesterday) straight after or it may happen again. Sods law l don't even like chocolate that much. That's it for now Toodle pip

No comments: