Wednesday 23 April 2008

more cancer updates and liverpool last minute goal

More highlights in the fight against cancer my mother is currently undertaking. She has a definite blood clot on her lungs, which is currently being treated. She was sick today when me and my sister visited and looks bloody awful, gone downhill a lot in the last few days. The hospital is hoping to send her to James Cook hospital for a MRI scan, but it depends on how well she is feeling. Still don’t know if she will have to travel to James Cook for her Radiotherapy, or if she will stay there for it. At the moment, l don’t think she will last another week, but who knows.
Had to phone my mums brother in Liverpool and tell him the news. What a pisser. Obviously he is also upset and wants to be kept informed. Unfortunately, he does not have loads of money and cannot afford to travel up all the time, so will try to get through near the end. Not sure how close my mum and him were, after all, they are brother and sister, but there is a ten year age gap between them.
Loved my uncle when l was young. He was the man who took me to Manchester United games and got me supporting them, even though we are both from Liverpool (he used to go to games in the early 60’s). Although l became mad about football, my father had no interest in taking me, but my uncle did. I will always be thankful to him for that.
Anyway, lets see what the morrow brings. Till then … Toodle pip

PS Own goal for Liverpool at the kop end tonight, four minutes into injury time – brilliant!! (Although l don’t like Chelsea, l can’t stand Liverpool football club - way too successful over the years).

No comments: